Protecting our clients’ personal information and privacy is very important to us. We are committed to ensuring that the information you submit to us is treated with the utmost confidentiality and in accordance with Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”) as well as all applicable provincial privacy legislation.
- Accountability: We are responsible for the personal information we collect, use, retain and disclose and have designated a Privacy Officer.
- Identifying Purposes: We will identify and explain the purposes for which the information is being used at the time of collection and will only be used for those purposes.
- Consent: We will obtain client consent when we collect, use, or disclose personal information.
- Limiting Collection: Only such information as is necessary for Kilgour Williams Capital’s services will be collected from our clients.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention: Personal information will be used for only the identified purposes for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law. Personal information will be retained only as long as necessary for fulfillment of those purposes.
- Accuracy: We will make reasonable efforts to ensure that client personal information is accurate and complete.
- Safeguards: We are committed to ensuring the security of client personal information in order to protect it from unauthorized access or disclosure.
- Openness: We will make available to client’s specific information concerning the policies and procedures relating to the management of their personal information.
- Individual Access: Upon your request, you will be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information and shall be given access to that information. You may verify the accuracy and completeness of the information and may request it be amended, if appropriate.